My Trip to Tanzania in 2016…
After viewing discovery channel from childhood days , Africa was always a dream destination. I loved game rides ( animal safaris ) but never experienced a really good one though Jim Corbett National Park in northern India’s Uttarakhand State was good too but I wanted an extra ordinary adventure and that would definitely be in Africa. Kenya was in the limelight back then in 2016 and even now. But the inner voice in me always wanted to explore Tanzania. As I had already researched and read quite a lot about it. Tanzania lies just south of the equator by the Indian Ocean . It’s an East African Country. Now as I decided it’s Tanzania , I had to put down the list of places I wanted to visit. After listing down , I tried to search for Tanzania tours but in vain as Tanzania wasn’t in the limelight then. Finally I came across AKQUA SUN GROUP who had excellant itineraries for Africa from South Africa to Kenya and even Tanzania. I was thrilled and excited. I was put on to Irshad Dadan from AKQUA SUN who is the Director AkquaSun Holidays Africa. He did send me few itineraries for Kenya & Tanzania as I could engulf it in one trip only. But then it turned out to be beyond our budget and I wanted to actually explore just Tanzania. So then we got our customised Tanzania Itinerary which looked really good , but I did want to add in few places of my own like Ndutu because it wasn’t known about much those days and I even wanted eliminate few places from the itinerary. So finally our itinerary after loads of discussions and changes was finalised. It looked like a very comfortable and peaceful itinerary. Nothing was in a haste as such. The itinerary was for 6 N 7 D.
Don’t forget to check my videos listed down below.
WHAT DID I KEEP IN MIND BEFORE DECIDING ON THE ITINERARY ?
- First of all it was just two of us , Mum and Me. So I did keep mum’s age & health into consideration. No Back problems because it’s a very bumpy ride in the savannas.
- I didn’t want a tiring trip , so I eliminated few places which wasn’t that interesting for us.
- Zanzibar is a must visit but as we aren’t beach lovers , we didn’t add that and that way the prices were also in budget.
- I would suggest to stay at least 2- 3 days in Serengeti.
- Do include Manyara National Park too.
- It was calving period , so I wanted to spend more time in NDUTU. ( suggested by a friend )
THIS ITINERARY SUITED US WELL !!
TIPS TO REMEMBER BEFORE YOUR TRIP as per as 2016
- You need Polio & Yellow Fever vaccines before the trip.
- Carry a own mosquito repellant though we were provided at certain lodges. A powerful one will be better because at times the tsetse flies can really really prick you. The repellant was not much of a use though. But we weren’t bitten all the time. Just at one or two places in the whole trip , mainly on the way from Tarangire to Ndutu.
- Depending on the weather , carry your outfits. As we were in the first week of February ,it was pleasant. So we did carry a little warm clothing which weren’t too bright in color too. It’s better to be completely covered so that you can miss fewer bites from the tsetse flies.
- We were told not too wear expensive accessories.
- We were told to keep our windows up at certain places in the fear of theft while passing through certain cities and villages.
- We carried a little bit of US Dollars , but as everything was already included in the itinerary we didn’t have to use it much except for a little bit of shopping. The currency is Tanzanian Shilling.
- We did see a lot of wild unique animals , but missed a kill.
- So Keep your eyes and ears always open to watch something wild in the wilderness. Expect the unexpected. Just be PATIENT !!
- Enjoy your trip wholeheartedly.
WHY SHOULD ONE CHOSE AKQUASUN ?
- They customise your trip according to your needs.
- They are very patient and considerate.
- It’s a luxury travel and the lodges they put you on are seriously beautiful and comfortable.
- Visa was on arrival and we didn’t have to take any trouble , there was a man to help us with everything as soon as we land Kilimanjaro.
- We have had some really unique and spectacular experiences in the lodges.
- We were never disappointed with anything as such.
- Decent food options at few lodges and very good food at others.
- After our trip , we totally trust them and look for our future vacations with them.
- 2016- 2017 , they have won 6 awards
- 2017-2018 , it’s 2 till date. Got this information from their website.
- In Tanzania we were put on to LEOPARD TOURS , which again was absolutely great.
WE DID MISS QUITE A FEW MORE IMPORTANT PLACES WHICH WE CAN INCLUDE NEXT TIME , LIKE MENTIONED ABOVE..
YOU CAN HEAD ON TO THEIR WEBSITE FOR MORE INFORMATION – akquasun.com
Travel Vlogs – PRIYANKA GEORGE VLOGS
Makeup/ Fitness / Fashion Lovers Join https://www.facebook.com/groups/96105…
Roposo – @princesspriyanka
Food Lovers Join in
SNAPCHAT – cuckoo2603
Website – www.princesspriyanka.com